Thursday, December 4, 2014

I did it!

With National Novel Writing Month over, I finally have some time to start writing in my blog again.

First, to update you on my status. I did finish the 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo in my third novel, "Royal Blood." I'm super excited about it and perhaps will post an excerpt here soon.

Second, I did not finish edits to "Shifter," but I am undeterred. I will get to them eventually, and I've had some time to work over some big plot changes in my mind. The book is going to be a lot better once those are made.

Finally, I would like to thank all the local businesses and nonprofits who have helped me sell my books, but more importantly, have helped spread the word. The Bookstore in Elko, owned by Tammi Santistevan, has graciously allowed me two book signings this year. The Elko County Library kindly hosted another book signing and put "Dragon's Destiny" on its shelves for anyone to read -- for free. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Elko welcomed me out for a presentation to the kids, and I met my youngest fan. The Elko County School District has a couple of books in its libraries so children can check them out. Thank you!

That's all for now, folks, but I will try harder from now on to keep you updated.

Heather Kennison,
Author

No comments:

Post a Comment