Sorry, blog readers. I've been avoiding you.
You see, I've never really been all that good at blog posts. After a while, it begins to feel kind of like a second job, and I weary of it. So I try avoiding it at all costs, but that only makes it worse. It keeps nagging at me until I do something, and when I finally do post something, I feel so accomplished that I reward myself with laziness. I think I will refer you to Hyperbole and A Half's "This is why I'll never be an adult" for a better, accurate description of how this works in people like me.
Moving on. I've decided to have a little more fun with this post, and then maybe it will lead to more consistent updates in the future. I'm currently rewriting the last 44 (and counting) pages of Shifter. Every now and then, I hear a song on the radio that reminds me of my main character. So I decided to do a little "soundtrack" of music that fits in with my book. In return, I'm hoping it'll give me the power to plow ahead through the end.
Each of these songs touches upon some character or struggle in my book. Without further ado, and in no particular order, here it is:
1. Hazard to Myself -- Pink
2. One of These Days -- Tim McGraw
3. Bitch -- Meredith Brooks
4. Apres Moi -- Regina Spektor
5. Some Enchanted Evening -- from South Pacific
6. Hello, Dolly! -- from the musical
7. Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend -- Marilyn Monroe
8. Roar -- Katy Perry
9. Break Your Heart -- Taio Cruz
10. Rhythm of Love -- Plain White T's
11. Beautiful Monster -- Ne-Yo
12. Heartless -- Kanye West
13. Just Give Me A Reason -- Pink
14. Coin-Operated Boy -- The Dresden Dolls
15. Complicated -- Avril Lavigne
16. I'm With You -- Avril Lavigne
17. Breathe -- Anna Nalick
18. Unwritten -- Natasha Bedingfield
19. Beautiful Disaster -- Jon McLaughlin
That's all for now, though I'm sure I'll be updating this later as things come up. In the meantime, feel free to enjoy the soundtrack in ancipation of the book!