Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Changing genres

I think I have a kind of disorder for authors: I can't stick to one genre.

Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Writing for different audiences can mean that I'll have something for everyone. Still, I can see why it may be frustrating for my fans who are eagerly awaiting a sequel to Dragon's Destiny. I can only tell you that, thanks to Brandy M. Miller, I do have an idea for a sequel. However, it may be a little while until I get to it.

In the meantime, I am working on Shifter, my women's literature/science fiction novel. This one may take longer to publish, as I am hoping to find an agent, but is nevertheless next on my priorities. If you are interested in being a beta reader, let me know on my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006233925637.

When I'm not working on Shifter, I am either writing an essay -- soon to be published on my blog -- or working on another novel of mine, which is a western. It is definitely a new frontier for me in writing, but I think it will be challenging.

Next up, I have to decide what I'm writing for National Novel Writing Month in November. My current options are:
1. A sequel to Dragon's Destiny
2. A fantasy love story based on my short story, "Royal Blood"
3. A children's/young adult fantasy novel about a unicorn
4. A science fiction novel involving a man who can see the supernatural.
5. A children's science fiction novel filled with the adventures of two young children and an unlikely ally.

Do you have your vote? If so, comment below and let me know. If not, I guess I will just have to see what comes to mind when the pressure is on.

Until next time,
Heather Kennison,
Author

1 comment: